TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Application Process:
All applications begin with an online form, completed by the parent/guardian. This does not secure a place on our books. All children and a parent must attend the Registration Day to complete the application process. Those who do not attend will be removed from all files and their details disposed of in line with our Disposal Policy.
Applications will be considered complete only when we have all the following information:
- Completed Registration Form, including measurements
- Signed Agreement
- Professional Standard Headshots
- Professional Standard Full Length Photo
Any incomplete applications will be kept on file for 3 months from the Registration Day Event. If, after this point the application remains incomplete, the files will be deleted in line with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that we have all requested documents and information in order to process the applications. It is also the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure all information is correct and up-to-date.
All children must be based within Bristol, Wales or the Southwest and be happy to travel for any filming work at their own expense. You do not need any performance related training or experience to register with Briz Kidz casting.
Whilst we do not turn applications away, we reserve the right to refuse or remove any application at any point of representation.
The agency books will only be opened to new registrations from children over 2 years old at designated Registration Days. There are two (2) Registration Day events per year. The online registration form will open approximately three (3) weeks before the nominated date and close the Friday previous to the event.
Applicants can attend a Registration Day without completing the online form. However this can slow the application process.
New Registrations can take 6-8 weeks to process, after which time a secured link to digital copies of your registration pack and your profile.
We represent children from birth (0years) to the end of the academic year (June) of their sixteenth (16th) year. After this point, their profiles will automatically be removed from our books in line with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy.
This does not affect children who registered before the end of January 2019. These children will continue to be represented by Briz Kidz until their eighteenth (18th) birthday unless otherwise notified by termination of your contract or removal from the books for reasons stated in our terms and conditions
Children over 2 years old can only register at specific Registration Days. We accept registrations from children from all backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities and religions.
Babies under the age of 2 are able to register at any point and expectant parents can pre-register with us. Applications will not be processed until we have all required documents, as stated in the Application Process section.
Parents are welcome to supply headshots and full-length photos for their child’s profile. These photos must be of a professional standard, containing only the child with a plain background, good lighting, in focus and clearly showing the child’s facial features. All children must be fully covered (leotards and swimwear will not be accepted). Only Hi-resolution, digital images will be accepted.
Briz Kidz Casting reserves the right to request alternative photo options.
Renewal of photographs will be charged at a reduced rate of £10 and are available at Registration Days.
We offer 2 options when using this service:
- Book a Morning Slot (1000-1255). All slots will be allocated by the agency and you shall be informed in the week prior to the Registration Day. You will be required to arrive 30minutes before your allocated time slot. Sessions will not be held and any latecomers will forfeit their slot and will need to wait for the next available time.
- The afternoon sessions (1300-1600) are run on a first come, first served basis. Please arrive after 1200 to collect a ticket and wait in line.
All copyrights will remain with Briz Kidz Casting.
Bristol School of Performing Arts (BSPA):
As the recognised agency for BSPA, enrolled students can register with Briz Kidz Casting at any time via the school. Registration packs are available for collection in person from the school office. Applications will not be processed until we have all required documents, as stated in the Application Process section.
As the majority of casting briefs contain specific age and size requests (eg measurements, height or clothes/shoe sizes) it is essential that all information we hold is up to date. Briz Kidz Casting will send out a reminder to update this information every six months, using an online form. To ensure your child is not restricted in opportunities for which we can put them forward, please take the time to complete this form when prompted.
Profiles with information older than 12 months are at risk of being removed from the books in line with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy.
- You will not discuss the casting, audition or work offers among friends, peers or colleagues at any time.
- You will not reveal any confidential information and will not discuss anything you hear, see or learn whilst working with the production.
- You must not share or post on any social media sites.
- You must not take photos whilst on set.
- You will act in a professional manner at all times whilst representing Briz Kidz Casting.
Should you or your parent/guardian not adhere to any of the above, you will be subject to dismissal from the production and removal from the agency books with immediate affect.
In the first instance, Briz Kidz Casting will send your profile for any casting opportunities that you are suitable for (i.e. fitting the brief, live within the desired location range or match specific measurements). If, after this stage, you are short listed, we will contact you with casting information, however you are under no obligation to accept any work or audition offers.
Productions retain the right to cancel or amend a booking as per the needs of their schedule. Should this happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and alternative dates may or may not be offered.
Child Performance Licence:
The licence application process can take up to 21 days so it is essential we get everything in place quickly. This includes the following:
- Photos of the child
- School’s permission of absence letter
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Application (parts 1 and 2)
We will ask the Parent/Guardian to complete the Part 2 of the Licence Application and also to apply to the school for permission of absence. We do need written approval from the school and without this, the performance license will not be processed.
All roles offered are paid, however there is no set fee for children. The Agency will negotiate with the productions on your behalf and inform you of the rate on offering the role. This will be confirmed in writing once the role is confirmed and the licence issued.
All work offered through Briz Kidz Casting, is subject to agency commission of 20%. This includes, but is not limited to, performance fees, usage fees, buyouts, royalties and residuals.
Additional fees that cover out of ‘pocket expenses’ (per diems, travel/fuel etc.) are not subject to agency commission.
The agency reserves the right to change the fees policy at any time. Any changes to the fees policy will be communicated in advance of implementation.
Briz Kidz Casting will deal with all invoicing to productions. Once payment has been received from the production, which can be 6-12 weeks from the date of performance, the agency will transfer your fee (minus any commission) into your nominated account. We will also issue you with an Advice Note, which has a breakdown of all the fees.
Briz Kidz Casting cannot accept responsibility for payments and will only pass on fees that have been paid. Whilst we will use best endeavors to retrieve any monies owing and chase payments from productions, we are not liable for any fees owed to you.
Children are not subject to NI or tax.
All work that falls within this period or within the twelve months beyond this date will be subject to agency commission.
The agency reserves the right to remove you from the books at anytime.
We have the right to revise and amend these Conditions to keep in line with any changes in the laws and legislations or within our business methods. These terms and conditions are reviewed and updated regularly and are correct as of July 2019.
Chaperones and Tutors:
This aims to outline the terms and conditions of registering with Briz Kidz Casting Ltd. All chaperones and tutors must read, understand and accept these before completing the registration process.
It is understood that by completing your registration, you accept the following terms and conditions.
Briz Kidz acts as a booking/finding service between the productions, companies and producers we work with and members of our chaperones and tutors team.
Registering with Briz Kidz Casting Ltd is free and we do not charge an agency, membership or annual fee nor do we take commission from any fees paid to the chaperones/tutors. We add a booking/finding fee to all rates quotes which is paid by the production.
Any and all contracts are between you and the production company, not directly with Briz Kidz Casting Ltd. We do not assume any responsibility for services provided by or between Productions and Chaperone/Tutor.
Nothing in these conditions shall constitute an employment contract or relationship between the chaperone or tutor and Briz Kidz Casting.
All chaperones must be based in the Southwest or Wales and understand that you may be required to travel to locations that are within this radius. There may be occasions when you will need to travel outside this area, depending on the needs of the production and the nature of the booking.
All chaperones must hold a valid licence and provide Briz Kidz Casting the following documents to register with us:
- Chaperone License and Enhanced DBS
- NSPCC Protecting Children in Entertainment Certificate (online Course)
- Signed copy of guidance for chaperones.
- Signed copy of Chaperone Details form.
All chaperones newly registered with us will have on-site training with an experienced chaperone and will be assessed as to their suitability to the role of Chaperone. This is regardless of past experience. We expect a high standard from all chaperones who represent Briz Kidz and our children.
Registering with Briz Kidz Casting does not guarantee work.
All chaperones and tutors are required to comply with the following:
- To keep up-to-date with all guidelines, training and legislations related to working with children.
- To safeguard the welfare of all children in their care at all times.
- Copies of children’s timesheets are to be sent to Briz Kidz Casting along with any reports of incidents or accidents whilst on set.
- To ensure that Briz Kidz have your correct, up-to-date contact details.
Briz Kidz Casting is not responsible for Chaperone Licensing, training or informing chaperones of any changes in legislations or working practices.
You must also follow these Do’s and Don’ts:
- DO ask to see a copy of the child’s performance licence (where a licence is required)
- DO keep a note of important contacts, for example, the child's licensing authority, the local authority in whose area the child is performing, the child's agent and the child's parent/legal guardian.
- DO check the child is comfortable – you are the person to whom the child looks for guidance, protection, clarification and support.
- DO ensure the child is comfortable and taken off set at every opportunity when filming on exterior locations in adverse weather conditions.
- DO ensure the child is not hungry.
- DO exercise discretion where that is in the best interest of the child.
- DO be the child’s champion - one of a chaperone's greatest strengths is their ability to say no when what is being requested of the child is contrary or detrimental to the child's health, well-being and/or education.
- DO be alert to all possible risks to the child and know what the child protection policy requires you to do.
- DO challenge people and / or behaviours and if you continue to be concerned know who to escalate your concerns to.
- DO NOT let the child perform if they are unwell.
- DO NOT leave the child alone with another adult (unless it’s their parent or teacher).
- DO NOT take photographs/videos of the child that you have been employed to chaperone or tutor. If you see anyone else doing this you must inform production as soon as possible.
- DO NOT seek autographs from performers or get star struck.
- DO NOT ignore or down play questionable behaviour from adults or other children.
- DO NOT allow the child to be pushed into things that they don’t want to do.
- DO NOT use inappropriate language, smoke or vape whilst on duty.
- DO NOT consume alcohol or be under the influence of alcohol whilst on duty.
- DO NOT wear inappropriate clothing.
For a more comprehensive explanation of the duties our chaperones are expected to perform, please read our Guide for Chaperones.
Confidentiality and Privacy:
Chaperones must adhere to all confidentiality rules at all time, including GDPR, and treat all information provided by Briz Kidz Casting with the strictest of confidence.
- Confidential information regarding the production, crew. cast, location, scripts, storylines and schedule.
- Any information you hear, see or learn whilst working with the production.
- Personal and sensitive information relating to the child. This includes medical information and parental contact information.
Chaperones must not share information related to the productions on social media sites. Please do not take photos on set or share anything you hear, see or learn whilst working on the production and under no circumstances share photos of children you are working with.
It is essential that you do not share personal contact details with the children, befriend or follow them on any social media sites.
Briz Kidz Casting will deal with all invoicing to the productions as these will cover both the chaperones, tutors and children and may consist of multiple dates worked.
Chaperones and tutors must address all invoices to:
Briz Kidz Casting Ltd
The Bottle Yard Studios
Chaperones and tutors are booked on a Self-Employed basis and are responsible for their own Tax and National Insurance.
Briz Kidz will use best endeavors to retrieve any monies owing and chase payments from productions. However, we are not liable for any fees owed to you.
You can remove your details from our register at any time. Please send notice in a written format, either by email or letter posted to the office address.
Briz Kidz retains the right to decline or remove registrations at any point.
We have the right to revise and amend these Conditions to keep in line with any changes in the laws and legislations or within our business methods. These terms and conditions are reviewed and updated regularly and are correct as of July 2019